Monday, June 21, 2010

Since the last time...

So, of course I've been getting a lot of grief from my friends about not updating my blog frequently enough - since, you know, I was giving them a lot of grief about not updating every day... so we'll see if I can do better from here on out.

Emmet is awake today. I have him sitting in my lap facing the screen so that I can use both hands to type.

Our original plan, as you may know, was to avoid daycare as long as possible. However, Jason's business has been doing very well, and taking care of Emmet is a lot more time-consuming than we thought it would be. So we made the decision to put Emmet in daycare so that I can keep working for the health insurance. We visited a few daycare centers and found one that we really liked, which also happened to be the least expensive, and the closest to our house. Very convenient, eh? I've been getting a bit overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done around the house, so we decided to put him in daycare part-time before I go back to work. So last week and this week he's there Tuesday and Thursday. This gives me some much needed time to get things done without having to hold a baby. Emmet really likes to be held, so he fusses a lot less if someone can hold him. Anyway, everyone is very nice at the daycare, and Emmet doesn't seem to mind it, so we feel very good about this decision.

What else has been going on... Emmet got to meet his Great-Aunt Carolyn, her husband Bob, and his son Jason and daughter-in-law AnneMarie.












My sister, Eleanor, finally got to take her turn visiting and helping me out.Our friends Kristina and Todd came over, and Kristina brought her dog Webster. Do you know how hard it is to get a dog and a baby to pose together?!?
Emmet had his first bath!
Emmet was helping me read a book, but Oscar decided he wanted in on the action...










And, this weekend, Emmet got to meet two of his great-grandparents.
And that's what's happened in the last month!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! The blog is updated! Love the captions Margaret!

-- Jenn Chester